BankersLab is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. Because we operate from offices around the world, we have taken steps to ensure that high standards of data protection are adhered to globally for all the forms of data processing mentioned below. This statement outlines our privacy and data protection policy.
A “customer” (or “you”) is anyone ordering, registering for or making use of any product, service or website provided by BankersLab.
Collection and use of customer information
Your personal details will be collected and processed when you order, purchase, register, subscribe or make use of any of our products or services.
In addition, when you visit any of our websites or use any of our digital applications (such as our iPhone or iPad applications), we also collect website and application usage information (which may include your reading history and any advertisements you may have viewed), and information about your computer or other digital device and your internet connection. This includes your computer’s or digital device’s IP address, the type and version of browser and operating system you use, your internet domain and, if you visited via a link from another website, the URL of the linking page.
This information is collected to help us:
- manage your registration preferences
- send you renewal notifications and/or service notifications
- ensure, as far as is practical, that our websites and applications are compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our visitors
- conduct customer satisfaction surveys
And, if you allow us to*, we may also:
- tell you about additional products and services
- tell you about other promotional activities across BankersLab or other companies with whom we have a business relationship
- invite you to participate in market research and surveys
* Please indicate your privacy preferences using the order, registration or subscription form when ordering, purchasing, registering or subscribing.
We also use your information for in-house research and analysis. This helps us to:
- improve our understanding of customer needs
- create marketing profiles
- support strategic development
To enable us to conduct research we may share your information with third party suppliers employed to help. All results of any research and analysis will be anonymized or aggregated information and will not reveal any personal details of individual customers.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard drive when you visit any of the Group’s websites (directly or via our applications). We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- identifying returning users, registrants and subscribers
- eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details
- enabling you to move more easily around our sites and applications
- tracking your use of our sites to better develop our sites and applications in accordance with your requirements
- building up an anonymous profile based on your browsing patterns across our sites, applications and third party websites, which enables us to make advertisements and content available to you that is more relevant to your interest.
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. Bear in mind, though, that if you delete them, any settings such as your stored username and password will have to be reset when you next log in.
You will be able to use our websites and applications even if your browser is not set to accept cookies. However, certain features and content may not be available to you and you will have to log in every time you visit.
You can also choose whether you wish us to collect cookie information for these purposes using the settings in your browser, as further explained at http://www.cookiecentral.com.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. BankersLab is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites and we recommend that you read the privacy policies on any external sites you use.
BankersLab does its utmost to protect your privacy and ensure your personal details are not misused, accidentally destroyed, lost or altered within BankersLab.
Transfer of personal data overseas
As the internet is a global environment, collecting and processing personal information may involve the transmission of this data internationally, including outside of the European Union. Therefore, by communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to your personal data being processed in this way.
Changes to this statement